Use our Projection Mapper software for drawing maps quickly and easily! This application allows you to draw clear to the edges of your screen without any tool bars to get in the way.
We have a version available for Windows (Vista or newer) and Apple Macintosh computers (El Capitan or newer).
Why Is It Free?
Projection Mapper does not display any ads or try to install any trial software, etc. We want to make drawing a map as easy as possible for our customers so that they can purchase our services. We make money indirectly from the use of the software by our customers and that is enough for us.
- Download the application setup file.
- When prompted, select to run the program. At this point your computer may give you a warning about the installation. Click to proceed.
- The installation wizard will launch and give you options for installing the program. Typically you will want to just leave the settings the way they are. Make sure the box is checked to create a desktop icon so you can have easy access to the program. Follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Once the program is installed, it is a good idea to check the computer display settings just in case the defaults don’t work for you. Follow the steps below to set optimal display settings on your PC:
- First, connect your projector to your computer and make sure the projector aspect ratio is set to 16:9. (consult your projector manual for information about how to do that)
- Click the Windows “Start” icon on your task bar
- Click the “Settings” icon from the pop up menu.
- Click “System”.
- Look for the “Display Resolution” setting on the resulting page. Select “1920 x 1080”. If it is not available select “1366 x 768” or “1280 x 720”.
- Under “Multiple Displays” you will want to make sure “Duplicate” is selected. That will ensure that your computer and the projector are displaying the same thing
- Download the application file.
- Hold down the control key and click on the downloaded file.
- Select “Open” from the drop down menu. At this point your computer may give you a warning about the program being recognized. Click to proceed and the program will launch. In the future, to launch the program, you will only need to double click on it.
- Exit the program by right clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting “Exit” from the drop down menu.
- To successfully use the software with your Mac, you will need to adjust the display settings. Follow the steps below to set optimal display settings on your Mac:
- Connect your projector to your Mac computer and make sure the projector aspect ratio is set to 16:9. (consult your projector manual for information about how to do that)
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner.
- Click “System Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Displays”.
- If the displays are not mirrored, click the check box to mirror them.
- Make sure “Optimize For: Default Display” is selected.
- For “Resolution” select “1920 x 1080”. If it is not available select “1280 x 720”.
Note: For most MacBooks these settings will give you a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. That is what you want when using the software. You can easily change the display settings back to the default when you are done drawing your map.
Using The Program
- To launch the program, double click on the Projection Mapper icon on your desktop or wherever the program is located.
- When the program starts your entire screen will turn white. This is your canvas for drawing your map. In the Windows version, vertical and horizontal ruler lines are there to help you find your mouse pointer and you will see that the lines move with your pointer.
- To begin drawing, left click and hold anywhere on the screen. Drag the mouse pointer and the program will draw a straight line for you between the original click point and the current location of the mouse pointer. Once the line looks the way you want it, release the mouse button. Repeat the process to draw as many lines as you need to draw your map.
- To simulate curves, simply draw a series of short lines.
- If you make a mistake, right click anywhere on the screen and select “Undo” from the drop down menu and the previously drawn line will disappear. Do it again and the one before that will disappear.
- To save your map drawing, right click anywhere on the screen and select “Save” from the drop down menu. A file save dialog box will open so that you can save your map.
- To exit the program right click anywhere on the screen and select “Exit”.